There are six exams at this level that introduce the fundamentals of accountancy, finance and business.
- Students may be eligible for credit for some exams if they have studied a qualification ICAEW recognizes.
The next six exams build on the fundamentals and test students’ understanding and ability to use technical knowledge in real-life scenarios.
- The exams can be taken in March, June, September and December.
- Please note, the Business Planning alternative exams for banking and insurance are available at the June, September and December sittings.
The Corporate Reporting and Strategic Business Management exams test students’ understanding and strategic decision-making at a senior level. They present real-life scenarios, with increased complexity and implications from the Professional Level exams. The Case Study tests all the knowledge, skills and experience gained so far. It presents a complex business issue that challenges students’ ability to problem solve, identify the ethical implications and provide an effective solution.
- The Advanced Level exams can be taken in July and November.
- They are fully open book, so they replicate a real-life scenario where all the resources are at their fingertips.