Profile of the Programme:
- The principles of International Taxation.
- In-depth knowledge of International Tax issues for their primary jurisdiction.
- An awareness of basic tax issues, particularly in relation to International Tax, in at least one secondary jurisdiction or subject.
Benefits for Holders:
Holders of the Diploma are entitled to use the designatory letters “ADIT” after their name and may apply to become an ‘International Tax Affiliate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation’.
This ongoing link with the CIOT will entitle the individual to receive a number of benefits including:
- The right to describe oneself as an ‘International Tax Affiliate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation’
- Contribute articles to ‘Tax Adviser’
- Apply to become a virtual member of the CIOT Technical Committee’s various Sub-Committees
- Provision of the monthly journal ‘Tax Adviser’, which includes technical articles, current tax notes, digests of tax cases and news from the Institute
- Networking opportunities through CIOT’s global branches including Asia Pac, Australasia, Europe, Hong Kong, North America and the UK
- A framework of ethical standards and practice guidelines
- CPD opportunities
- Use of the Institute’s Tony Arnold Library at King’s College, London
Paper I: Principles of International Taxation (3 hours plus 15 minutes reading time)
- Principles of International Tax Law
- Double Taxation conventions
- Treaty interpretation
- Transfer pricing
- The work of the OECD
- International Tax avoidance
Paper II: Advanced International Taxation – Primary jurisdiction (3 hours plus 15 minutes reading time)
Cyprus option: The Cyprus option is now available which covers the structure of the Cypriot tax system. Globaltraining offers tuition for this option
Paper III: Advanced International Taxation – Thematic-Secondary jurisdiction (3 hours plus 15 minutes reading time)
Globaltraining offers tuition for the Transfer Pricing, EU VAT, EU Direct Tax.
Thesis Option – Paper II / Paper III:
Examinations take place once a year, during June, for all papers and in December only for Paper I and III Transfer Pricing option, EU Direct Tax option.
There are currently examination centres in: Australia, Brazil, Cyprus, Dubai, Hong Kong, India, Kenya, London, Malta, Mauritius, Nigeria, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Singapore, Switzerland, and USA.
Globaltraining currently offers revision and tuition training aimed at Paper I, the Cyprus Option for Paper II and the Transfer Pricing Option, EU VAT, and EU Direct Tax for Paper III.
This is an open access qualification and anyone who has a keen interest in taxation may apply for registration. Applicants are welcomed from all parts of the world and residence in the UK is not necessary in order to register.
- Complete all mandatory fields (indicated *) and, once you have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions, select Register.
- To input the remaining, necessary personal details, select Edit your personal details
- Enter your title and gender and select Save Changes.
- To input the remaining, necessary contact details, select Edit this contact.
- Complete all mandatory fields and select Save Changes.
- Complete the registration form, ensuring that all mandatory fields are completed.
- Once you have completed the Data Protection Act section, and read and agreed to the terms of the Declaration, select Submit.
- You will now be directed to the NETBANX payment form. Complete the form using your credit or debit card. Once you have completed all required fields, select Pay Now.
- You will now be directed back to the ADIT website, and receive a confirmation message and email stating that your registration details have been received. Please wait 48 hours for your registration to be activated.
- Once your registration has been activated, you will receive a further email containing your ADIT student registration number and links to useful ADIT resources.
Exam Dates and Deadlines:
- Tuesday 12 June 2018: Paper I
- Wednesday 13 June 2018: Paper II (All options)
- Thursday 14 June 2018: Paper III (All options)