Profile of the Programme:
- Top quality training in all aspects of internal audit
- Excellent career prospects due to international recognition of being one of the most highly qualified individuals in the auditing profession
- Proof of their commitment and potential to excel at the top of their profession
- Evidence of their proficiency and extensive expertise in field of internal audit
In order to achieve your CIA certification the following 3 exams must be completed:
Part 1 – Internal Audit Basics: 125 questions | 2.5 Hours (150 minutes)
Part 2 – Internal Audit Practice: 100 questions | 2.0 Hours (120 minutes)
Part 3 – Internal Audit Knowledge Elements: 100 questions | 2.0 Hours (120 minutes)
The exact number of questions required to pass the exam may be slightly different from one test to another and so the number of correct responses are converted to a reporting scale that ranges from 250 to 750 points. A scaled score of 600 points or higher is required to pass the CIA exam.
If you fail one of the CIA exams you must wait at least 90 days before you will be able to retake that exam.
There is no limit to the number of times a candidate can retake a failed exam.
CIA candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements for education, character, work experience, and identification. Before a candidate application can be approved, ALL documentation (proof of education, character reference, and identification) must be received and approved by the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (IIA) Certification staff.
- Hold a 4-year post-secondary degree (or higher) or its educational equivalent from an accredited university. For further details, please refer to the IIA’s Certification Candidate Handbook; OR
- Subject to approval, possess:
- Two years post-secondary education and five years verified experience in internal audit or its equivalents; OR
- Seven years verified experience in internal audit or its equivalent.
There are no set dates for the CIA examinations – they are offered all year round, subject to availability of the local examination center.
You are allowed 180 days to sit the particular exam registered for, at the approved CIA testing center.
It is recommended that you schedule your exam date 45 days ahead to increase the likelihood of receiving the desired date.
|Application Fee (to Program)||US $100||US $200||US $50|
|Part I||US $250||US $350||US $200|
|Part II and III||US $200||US $300||US $150|
*CIA Discounts for Students and Professors: The IIA offers reduced application and exam registration fees for the CIA program to candidates who are full-time students or full-time professors (educators) at accredited colleges or universities.